Monday, November 15, 2010

It's not the big things. And there have been sooo many. It's the little things my husband does that humble me. Humble me as in: wow. He never asks to be recognized. wow. he is so consistent with it. wow. he will be so annoyed when he sees I've posted about him.
It's like this:
he charges my toothbrush. cleans the kitchen when it REALLY needs it. puts my folders together for my Arbonne classes. organizes my desk area (this one borders on being a huge thing.) carries boxes out. in. out. in. all in the space of one day. actually curled the curling ribbon on some of the gift bags I was finishing. vaccuumed up the mess I made. took the toddlers to Wildlife Safari and feed the deer. (again bordering on big.) rakes the leaves and a ton of other has-to-get-done-stuff. jumped in and gave baths and made lunches and did all of the things I usually do but couldn't this weekend. brings me coffee on sunday morning to help me wake up. doesn't complain, really ever.
I dunno. It seems like I'm always so ready to let him know if there's something he needs to do. Or fix. Or try harder at. And I hate it that I'm like that! Because in my heart--no, deeper than that--at my absolute core I know what he does. How much it matters. How much I depend on him doing it.
And I know he wishes I was more organized and on time and consistent. Less emotional, more practical, better at managing my time. Did I say consistent?
But he loves, loves,loves me where I am. And helps keep my head just above the dunking level.
And like I said: he'll be annoyed. But I needed to write it. Needed to let him know I know. Needed to see it for myself in black and white. Tell him that I am thankful for him everyday, not just the 15th day of November, or in the few words that would fit onto a facebook post... iloveyou

No comments: